Tuesday, May 14, 2013

THE CEMETERY!

May is the month that my dear Father died and I plan on visiting the cemetery where's he buried very soon. However today was almost like foreshadowing because I happened to pass by a cemetery on my bicycle this morning.

As I stepped inside the cemetery I could tell the arrival of Spring was here. The whole cemetery was in full bloom; deep green colored grass, yellow dandelions, and maple trees all sitting on hilly terrain. As I walked through the cemetery I observed a variety of different headstones of remembrance; lieutenants who served in the armed forces, husbands and wifes buried next to each other, young children who left the earth far too young, there was even a Hollywood movie star buried next to his parents. Some of these people lived long lives and others short lives. There was a baby girl who was born on September 11, 1932 and died on April 5, 1933 (such a short life) and a man born on April 22, 1902 who died on August 17, 2000 (he was given a long life).

Spending time in that cemetery made me realize how every human being has their alloted time on earth. None of us know when we're born how long or short our time on earth will be but one things for certain we should enjoy those moments and days that we do have to the fullest.


No comments:

Post a Comment

MOMENTS OF BLISS DIVINE!

  Responsibilities keep piling up, so much to do and sometimes not enough time to get everything done and that's why we as humans need &...