Wednesday, December 17, 2014

The Community Meal

With Christmas just one week away I decided to take a break from my heavy workload and go to a church community meal. I went there with very little expectations and ended up having a jolly time. 

The moment I entered the church I could feel the Christmas spirit all around me; Christmas wreaths, Christmas trees, Christmas lights, and a homey dining hall where I sat with kind people at the table. The food was so delicious; pulled pork, mac and cheese, broccoli salad, lime cream cheese jello, spinach salad….my what a feast.

Afterwards I sat with the pastor and a few other people in a small room. We prayed and prayed non stop for about twenty minutes. It was so divine and touching to feel the genuine prayers coming out of people's mouths.

Sometimes we get so wrapped up in the holiday rush that we forget the true meaning of Christmas. In times of stress, find time to de-stress with fellowship and prayer. Fill your hearts with Christmas wonder and BELIEVE in miracles.



No comments:

Post a Comment

MOMENTS OF BLISS DIVINE!

  Responsibilities keep piling up, so much to do and sometimes not enough time to get everything done and that's why we as humans need &...