Thursday, February 1, 2018

Moving Moments!

MOVING....it's something that a lot of people do, including me. Moving can be exciting and exhausting, adventurous and dull, expensive and stressful. Sooner or later most of us have to move to another place.

After years of wanderlust and moving from place to place I ended up in a small resort city on a lake that was suppose to only be a temporary place while I looked after my Mother who has Alzheimers. But those fews months turned into a year and another year......

Four years later, I'm still here because somehow I ended up living in the perfect cozy apartment close to the beach, close to the food market, close to the optometrist, close to the bicycle trail into town, close to my job, and close to my Mother. I got attached to my apartment and my comfortable life even though the wanderlust side of me was still questioning where to go next.  Argentina? Belgium? India? Madagascar? Switzerland? Vietnam? Turkey?

Today is February 1st, 2018 and it's the day I bid farewell to my apartment that I've been so attached to. This afternoon I walked down those all to familiar stairs for the very last time, closed the door behind me and said "Time to move on."

Regrets? not at all. A well traveled British man is renting me his furnished flat on the beach for three months only nine miles away from where I lived. I moved in today and have already accomplished more than I thought I could.  I started a new blog called Kitchen Talk, I'm almost finished with a screenplay, and a career change is now in order. I'm inspired to travel and work abroad, It's time to be adventurous again and get out of my comfort zone.

Yes..MOVING can be emotional and difficult but once the move is made, a new beginning evolves and things begin to fall into place. Eventually the fear of the unknown fizzles and you move on to another place and to a new beginning.



                    I've moved out of my beloved apartment today and into new beginnings!




February 1, 2018





No comments:

Post a Comment

MOMENTS OF BLISS DIVINE!

  Responsibilities keep piling up, so much to do and sometimes not enough time to get everything done and that's why we as humans need &...