Thursday, March 1, 2018

Bermuda & Banana Bread Moments



A few days ago I was writing my travel blog and the post was about Bermuda; a British territory island with pink sandy beaches. Years back my sweet mother and I took a trip to Bermuda in March during the off season. We got a wonderful deal on our trip and the icing on the cake was that on the day of our departure from Bermuda the airplane was overbooked and because we gave up our seats my mother and I got to spend an entire extra day and night in Bermuda with all expenses paid by the airline. Moments like that are precious.

March is not the most pleasant month for weather in Bermuda. It's not swimming weather but you can still walk along the pink colored sandy beaches and breathe in the air of the Atlantic Ocean breezes. There are plenty of attractions to see and good food to eat too. My mother and I like keeping things simple so we stayed at a small bed and breakfast in a Bermudian local neighborhood and walked a lot or took the bus.

One afternoon while exploring the city of Hamilton we came across a quaint cafe run by a Bermudian woman. We ordered the famous Bermuda fish chowder and it came with a loaf of just baked banana bread. Although the Bermuda fish chowder warmed our chilly bodies the Bermuda banana bread warmed our hearts.

Looking back I'm glad we went to Bermuda off season. In the summer it would have been packed with tourists and the prices would have been out of sight so March really was a good month to be in Bermuda.Today in honor of it being the first day of March I'm thinking of Bermuda and eating homemade banana bread with a cup of heavenly cream tea. I might not be in Bermuda but I feel Bermuda in every bite of my banana bread. Now that's what I call "sweet moments."


BERMUDA BANANA BREAD

3 ripe bananas
2 large eggs
4 ounces of butter
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
2 cups unbleached all purpose flour

Mash the bananas and set aside. Beat butter, eggs, and sugar until fluffy. Add the mashed bananas and chopped walnuts, then slowly pour flour into the mixture with the cinnamon powder and baking powder.

Pour into a buttered loaf pan and bake for about one hour until the top of the loaf is browned. Place a toothpick in the batter to make certain it's completed baked. Let cool for about ten minutes.
Serve warm or room temperature.

BERMUDA AND BANANA BREAD MOMENTS!




No comments:

Post a Comment

MOMENTS OF BLISS DIVINE!

  Responsibilities keep piling up, so much to do and sometimes not enough time to get everything done and that's why we as humans need &...