Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Moments of "Charlottes Web"



"After all, what's a life anyway? We're born, we live a little while, we die." Charlotte (the spider)

"You have been my friend. That in itself is a tremendous thing." Charlotte (the spider)

Charlottes Web by E.B. White
Do you have a favorite film or story that touches your heart in a special way?
If so what is it? 

For me it's Charlotte's Web. I had seen the animated film with my mother when I was a young girl and loved it dearly. Life got busy and I forgot all about it until a few days ago when the words"Charlotte's Web" kept ringing in my ears. I think there was a message I needed to hear loud and clear and so I got onto my laptop and watched "Charlotte's Web" on You Tube. I was
 fascinated by the story and watched it several times in one sitting. There's so much wisdom in this story brilliantly written by the legendary E.B. White.

Charlotte's Web is a story about animals, friendship, and life. It takes place on a farm, in a barn full of talking animals. The main character a pig named Wilbur is born a runt. The farmer wants to kill the small pig but his daughter Fern begs her father to let the pig live. Fern promises to raise Wilbur. She gives him lots of attention and love and the adorable pig grows into a strong pig. Eventually Wilbur moves to Zuckerman's farm and that's when Wilbur meets the beautiful spider named Charlotte who devotes her life to saving Wilbur from being slaughtered by weaving encouraging words about Wilbur in her web.

I know now why the words "Charlotte's Web" rang in my ears. I needed to gain wisdom from this simple story that has so many life lessons. All life is important whether it's the life of an animal or a human being. Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs love, and the world is a much better place when we have true and genuine friends. Wilbur had a true friend in Charlotte and when she died he looked after her children and grandchildren. Wilbur never forget Charlotte because she was in a class of her own. She was kind and liked helping others.

And so Charlotte's Web has encouraged me to live moments of life being kind, being a friend, and serving others. After all what's life anyway? "we're born, we live a little, we die."


No comments:

Post a Comment

MOMENTS OF BLISS DIVINE!

  Responsibilities keep piling up, so much to do and sometimes not enough time to get everything done and that's why we as humans need &...