Friday, June 29, 2018

The White House on the Hill beckons to me.

Almost everyday I pass the white house on the hill. It's such a charming house and it would make a terrific bed and breakfast. I was always curious to know who lives in "the white house on the hill" and now I know; a Catholic priest lives in that house. He has that whole entire house to himself and he deserves it. He's so devoted to his church and the parishioners. The priest even has a walking trail that leads from the side of his house to the church because he's often needed at the church round the clock. What a blessed priest to live in such a glorious white house on the hill.

The White House on the Hill beckons to me:

The white house on the hill beckons to me
sitting by itself away from everything but a 
Catholic Church.

A priest lives there they say and how blessed
he is, for on a bright June day the birds sing their
joyful songs in the verdant shady trees.

The fragrant pink rose bushes fill the 
air with a lovely scent and the blue sky above the 
house brightens everything so very nice.

How I'd like to visit that white house on the hill
and sit on a porch with a cup of tea in hand. Oh 
how that white house on the hill beckons 
to me; for just a moment I wish it were mine.


No comments:

Post a Comment

MOMENTS OF BLISS DIVINE!

  Responsibilities keep piling up, so much to do and sometimes not enough time to get everything done and that's why we as humans need &...