Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Being Careful...Helps Decrease Accidents!



I've been kayaking for a long time, never fearing water until last week when my kayak tipped over. After a nice swim in Torch Lake I decided to rent a kayak. Rather than wear a lifejacket I opted for a floating device seat instead. The water was pretty calm, there were no boats around and I was enjoying my paddling until I tried adjusting my floating device seat and tipped over unexpectedly. I fell into the water and my sunglasees sunk. The kayak was filled with water and I held on tight to the floating device, kayak, and paddle as I swam towards a dock in the distance to safety.

Once I got to the dock it took 20 minutes to empty out the water from the kayak and get it to function again. The sun was getting brighter and I really needed my sunglasses but they were way at the bottom of the water. Nobody was around but I managed to get back on the kayak and paddle my way back to the shop where I had rented the kayak.

I had a minor cut on my leg and was a bit shaken up from the ordeal but what I learned from this experience is to be more cautious when on water. From now I'm on opting for a life jacket because no matter how experienced of a kayaker I might be, accidents do happen. I'm thankful that I got out of this situation alive and that I've had more moments to live life from this experience. 

It's so important to be careful because this helps decrease accidents!

Be Safe in All Tasks!




No comments:

Post a Comment

MOMENTS OF BLISS DIVINE!

  Responsibilities keep piling up, so much to do and sometimes not enough time to get everything done and that's why we as humans need &...