Saturday, December 1, 2018

Swedish Bakery Moments in Sweden

The Swedes are quite the bakers. Their pastries aren't overloaded with sugar. A visit to Sweden must include an early morning indulgence of a pastry and cup of coffee, preferably a cappucino. While recently spending time in Malmo in southern Sweden I made a visit to a neighborhood bakery called Gateau and had an extraordinary kanelbullar (cinnamon roll) with a delightful cup of cappucino. My visit to Gateau Bakery was one of the best bakery moments of my entire life. Sitting in a cozy bakery near the sea and having my very first authentic kanelbullar (cinnamon roll) and sampling other pastries that were displayed on the counter for sampling by the kind staff which was a sweet moment indeed.
                                               Famous Kanelbullar; Swedish Cinnamon Rolls
   
In life it's wonderful to be left with moments of pleasant experiences we've had. As I sit in my tiny studio apartment during the darkest days of the year I'm reflecting on that early warm November day in Malmo, Sweden at the bakery. I'm inspired now to make a homemade bash of Swedish cardamon/cinnamon rolls and warm the hearts of the people I'll bring these pastries to this month.




No comments:

Post a Comment

MOMENTS OF BLISS DIVINE!

  Responsibilities keep piling up, so much to do and sometimes not enough time to get everything done and that's why we as humans need &...