Friday, July 26, 2019

Eat a Brownie in the Moment!


I really envy the people that get a care-free summer. I had a few of them myself and I know how good it feels to free oneself from major responsibilities. Yesterday was one of those rare days that I had the almost perfect day. I had the day off and said "the heck with my piles of work, I'm having fun." With no planned itinerary I drove to a idyllic small town that felt like a dream; gingerbread cottages dotted along a crystal lake with a bicycle trail, a public beach with powdery sand, a lush green park with outdoor games, and a quaint Main Street with non pretentious shops and restaurants.



                                   Summer Fun on Crystal Lake!

The whole place was as sweet as summer lemonade. Strangers smiling and saying hello, the sound of church bells in the distance, a band playing music in the town square, and a cloudless blue sky up above.  People were enjoying life and taking advantage of the lovely summer day in late July.All my stresses were melting away as I rode my bicycle around the fairytale setting and took a swim in the tranquil waters where I could see the bottom crystal clear. There were more adventures ahead; blueberry picking, paddle boarding....but now it was time for a bit of lunch. So...to make things simple I went into a cafe to get a homemade potato salad and a made from scratch bagel.  A lot of carbs I know.....but I'm not dieting and we need carbs in our diet too. Now the ultimate splurge was a
decadent brownie inside a dream like cafe with dessert galore. What was I do choose? The BROWNIE oozing with chocolate and nuts won my heart.

Sitting under a shady tree facing CRYSTAL LAKE, I indulged in the moist brownie filled with walnuts and hints of coffee and thanked GOD for my glorious day.

If you like chocolate......
take some moments to EAT A BROWNIE.




     




No comments:

Post a Comment

MOMENTS OF BLISS DIVINE!

  Responsibilities keep piling up, so much to do and sometimes not enough time to get everything done and that's why we as humans need &...