Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Luck of the Delicious Michigan Mint Chocolates

Here in Michigan where I currently live there's a husband & wife team that own a chocolate company called Hanover's. They make delicious mint filled milk and dark chocolates imprinted with the state of Michigan map on them. I've known about these wonderful chocolates since I was in college but it wasn't until the past year that I started buying these chocolates when I started seeing how popular they're in northern Michigan.

The other day I was in a shop in Northport and they had a huge glass bowl of Hanover's chocolates which are now available in cherry   flavors in addition to the mint flavors. Of course I bought a handful of them and ate the of them by the next afternoon.

I love lucky days, like yesterday. I wanted more of those Michigan Mint Chocolates. Turns out that I had the privilege of spending part of the day with my Mother and on my way to visit her, I stopped at a shop in downtown Traverse City to get a treat and when  I walked over to the register, there sitting on the counter was a package of my beloved  Hanover's Michigan Mint Dark Chocolates.  It was the last package in the entire store and the package of 9 chocolates was reduced to only $2.00. Now that's what I call a stroke of good luck.

Isn't it terrific to have a treat on hand to brighten your day?  How about fresh picked blueberries, chocolate covered strawberries or an ice cream cone?  Maybe a slice of pizza? A buttery flakey croissant or a piece of decadent cake? Thank goodness for the pleasures of food to get us through the stressful times of the Coronavirus pandemic.

Today, do yourself a favor and treat yourself to something you really like to eat and enjoy moments of indulgence.

                       Treat yourself to something you like eating and enjoy moments of indulgence!

No comments:

Post a Comment

MOMENTS OF BLISS DIVINE!

  Responsibilities keep piling up, so much to do and sometimes not enough time to get everything done and that's why we as humans need &...