Sunday, July 19, 2020

Oatmeal Cookies under a Shaded Tree in NORTHPORT

Yesterday, I took an amazing day trip to gorgeous NORTHPORT.This village on Lake Michigan is a gem in the summer when everything is green and lush. Time stands still here and yet there's plenty to do; bicycling, boating, cultural activities, hiking, picnicking, shopping, swimming, and tennis. There's a state park with camping sites and a lighthouse a few miles away and some farms too.

Although it was HOT yesterday I enjoyed every moment I had in this idyllic village with its lakes, ponds, streams, and waterfalls. Oh, how I longed to lay in a hammock under a tree, or sit on somebody's wraparound porch and drink some ice tea, but that wasn't possible.
However as luck would have it I did get to visit my favorite market for fruits, vegetables, and the best cookies around. The place is called"Bells of Christmas" and no matter what time of year you visit there's a feeling of "being home" here.

I bought a bag of the homemade oatmeal raisin cookies (the best ever) and asked the owner if I could sit near the garden. "Yes, and take your time," he replied. I took my time alright. For one hour I sat under a shaded tree in an Adirondack chair and ate one oatmeal cookie after another until there was only one left. What a treat. So in love with those cookies was I that I went back into the store to buy more. There were chocolate chip, peanut butter chocolate chip, molasses , and oatmeal raisin.
Guess which ones I picked?

In the summer there's nothing more peaceful than sitting under a tree on a peaceful farm and taking in the serenity of nature. It's even better with some cookies. Enjoy yourself this summer, buy some cookies or make your own and have a little picnic under the shaded trees. JULY, the highlight month of summer.

                                  ENJOY YOUR SUMMER DAYS IN JULY AND BEYOND!




OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIES ARE EASY TO MAKE;WITH ONLY 9 SIMPLE INGREDIENTS
IF YOU'RE A VEGAN REPLACE THE BUTTER WITH OIL, AND USE 1/4 CUP OF APPLESAUCE IN PLACE OF THE EGGS.

BAKIGN SODA
BUTTER
BROWN SUGAR
EGGS
FLOUR
QUICK OATS
RAISINS
SPICES
PURE VANILLA EXTRACT

No comments:

Post a Comment

MOMENTS OF BLISS DIVINE!

  Responsibilities keep piling up, so much to do and sometimes not enough time to get everything done and that's why we as humans need &...