Friday, April 23, 2021

Savoring a "Chocolate Chip Cookie" and Being Grateful for Another Person's Kindness!

 "Chocolate Chip Cookie Moments"

Sometimes a kind gesture enters our life when we least except it. I had a chaotic day yesterday at work. I was called into supervise at the last moment at work and knew I could't cancel my appointment with the optometrist that I had made weeks ago. What was I to do? The breaker for the sales advisors staff wasn't coming in either so I had to juggle two job responsibilities and still leave for an hour for my appointment.

It was all quite entertaining, having to change into a different pair of clothes, waiting for a friend to pick me up to take me to the optometrist since driving wasn't an option (I was getting my eyes dilated). Everything ran smoothly though, thanks to a team of people that had my back.

Well...when work was over, I was relieved to have some "me time" and decided to go to a strip mall that has my favorite natural foods market but I made a detour and went inside a bake shop. This bake shop is known for making some of the best breads, cinnamon rolls, and cookies in town. A warm-hearted woman was at the counter and I couldn't decide what to get so she asked "How about a chocolate chip cookie?"

There was a stack of chocolate chip cookies right in front of her. She took a dollar out of a tin and said "I want to buy a chocolate chip cookie for you because you're so nice." WOW....what an experience that was. She handed me the delicious looking chocolate chip cookies and I thanked her for being so thoughtful and sweet. It was such a lovely moment to be given something in such a sweet way.

When I got home I indulged in that chocolate chip cookie and it was truly one of the best chocolate chip cookies I ever had. This was a savoring moment and I'm grateful for the employee at "THE BAKE SHOP" on Garfield Avenue for ending my busy day with my favorite dessert, a chocolate chip cookie."

Have you ever had an experience like this? It certainly is a precious moment to be treated with kindness.

A BIG THANK YOU FOR KIND AND THOUGHTFUL PEOPLE AND OF COURSE FOR

CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

MOMENTS OF BLISS DIVINE!

  Responsibilities keep piling up, so much to do and sometimes not enough time to get everything done and that's why we as humans need &...