Friday, April 12, 2013

20 minutes of bliss at "The Boston Tea Room"





Although I try to minimize my multi-tasking habits it's not always easy. This was the case yesterday when a flood of responsibilities fell upon me one after another. I just needed a little break and my 20 minutes of bliss came to me when I walked through the doors of "The Boston Tea Room."

"The Boston Tea Room" is not a place for afternoon tea and scones, it's a new age shop where you can purchase items such as aromatherapy candles, books, hand lotions, and tarot cards. They offer tarot card readings, meditation, Reiki energy healing, various workshops, yoga classes. Visitors can sit and relax at one of the tables and sip on a cup of complimentary tea.

My intention of walking into "The Boston Tea Room" was to leave my yoga teaching certificate with one of the staff members in hopes of being contacted to teach yoga there. The young woman at the counter was so helpful and kind. She had me jot down some information for the yoga teaching position and then told me I could have some tea and hang out a bit if I liked and that's exactly what I did. I helped myself to a soothing cup of peach green tea and sat in a quiet corner drinking my tea. On the table was an interesting question and answer board game called MYSTIC EYE. You ask a question and move the pendulum and get the answer to all kinds of questions you might be seeking. I was thrilled with the answers I got from the "MYSTIC EYE" game.

Moments later a woman was standing near my table and we began chatting. I had always wanted to get certified to do REIKI healing energy and this woman happened to be a REIKI master. She told me where I could take classes for very little money. Hooray! this was great!

Amazing how in life we go into a place by chance or intuition and it rewards us with some very positive things. In those 20 minutes at "The Boston Tea Room" all my stress disappeared, I felt relaxed and I got some answers to the questions I was seeking, not that's what I call "bliss divine."

I'd like to share a few phrases to ponder on for a few moments; courtesy of The Boston Tea Room.

"Worry is a misuse of imagination"

"You don't have to do more to be more"

"Forget all the reasons why it won't work and believe the one reason why it will"






                                                               


                                                                                                           


No comments:

Post a Comment

MOMENTS OF BLISS DIVINE!

  Responsibilities keep piling up, so much to do and sometimes not enough time to get everything done and that's why we as humans need &...