Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Stille Nacht in Oberndorf, Austria (Christmas Wish Fulfilled)


                                          Stille-Nacht -Kapelle, Oberndorf bei Salzburg
                           

2019 is over and I'm so joyful that my two Christmas wishes were fulfilled in December. Although I didn't make it to Austria for Christmas as I had hoped, I was able to bring a bit of Austria to where I live in the U.S.A.

In the town of Frankenmuth, Michigan, United States is the exact replica of the famous "Stille Nacht" chapel located in Obendorf bei Salzburg in beautiful AUSTRIA. I was able to spend a half hour in that chapel in Frankenmuth, praying, and thanking the LORD for my blessings as I listened to the famous Christmas carol being sung in several languages in mid December. A week later on Christmas Eve I sat at the piano and sang "Stille Nacht" next to the glowing Christmas tree with European ornaments to my mother who has Alzheimers.

It was Christmas Eve, 1818, in Obendorf when the carol was first performed as "Stille Nacht Heilige Nacht." Joseph Mohr, a young priest who wrote the lyrics and played the guitar, sang along with Franz Xavier Gruber, the choir director who had written the melody. A calm village, in December 1818 where a simple carol was created and sung and now over 200 years later it's sung throughout the world in over 140 languages. That in itself is a Christmas miracle.

December 2019 for me was filled with precious moments indeed for it revolved around my love for the country of AUSTRIA where I got to live and work for two summers. I will return again to AUSTRIA but for now I'm grateful that I was blessed to have my mother for yet another CHRISTMAS and that I was able to sing to her my favorite Christmas carol, "STILLE NACHT."

Merry Christmas to all and a Happy New Year! 🎄🎄🎄

"Faith is believing in things when common sense tell you not to"

"With GOD all things are possible"

No comments:

Post a Comment

MOMENTS OF BLISS DIVINE!

  Responsibilities keep piling up, so much to do and sometimes not enough time to get everything done and that's why we as humans need &...