Sunday, December 13, 2020

The Christmas Journey


Every year in December, a church in my community called "New Hope" puts on an outdoor play, "Christmas Journey."Hundreds of people attend the weekend performances where actors are dressed in period costumes and live animals like camel, donkeys, goats, and sheep appear in the scenes. Although the coronovirus has kept me social distanced from activities I did feel led to appear in at least one performance of the CHRISTMAS JOURNEY this year. I arrived at the church at 4:30 pm to get my costume and meet some of the cast members. The pastor prayed with us and we all headed outdoors to our sets. My scene took place in  Bethlehem and I portrayed one of the peasants.        

For two and a half hours I acted out my part next to the darling goats, observing the visitors on the trail who were touched by the meaning of Christmas experienced through this journey. In between scenes trail angels came with hot cocoa, sandwiches, bottled water, and cookies to keep us energetic. Afterwards Pastor Rick thanked each of us for contributing to the success of 6 wonderful shows. 

It's moments like these that bring purpose to life. Being surrounded by animals, bonfires, pine trees, a talented cast of actors, and a devout audience make this whole journey a true blessing. JESUS IS THE REASON FOR THE SEASON.

A MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!🎄🎄🎄🎄




No comments:

Post a Comment

MOMENTS OF BLISS DIVINE!

  Responsibilities keep piling up, so much to do and sometimes not enough time to get everything done and that's why we as humans need &...