Saturday, January 23, 2021

British Afternoon Tea Moments




Lately, everything seems to be quite British for me. Last night I dreamed I was living in England and I've been enjoying an on-line ballet class series taught by British ballet teacher Susan. This afternoon I bought some British made biscuits & tea and created my own afternoon tea. I'm currently writing a story that takes place on the Isle of Mann, and I just finished watching a brilliant British film. 

Perhaps it's time for a visit to ENGLAND and the UNITED KINGDOM but with travel restrictions upon most of the world, traveling seems more and more like the distant past. In the meantime I'm having plenty of English moments at home and wishing good cheer and good health to everyone in beautiful ENGLAND.


Afternoon Tea is a meal composed of delicately cut sandwiches, scones with clotted cream and jam, and sweet pastries and cakes. Afternoon tea is a ritual, introduced to England in the early 1840's. It's purpose was and is to stem the hunger and anticipation of an evening meal that takes place around 7:00 pm.










No comments:

Post a Comment

MOMENTS OF BLISS DIVINE!

  Responsibilities keep piling up, so much to do and sometimes not enough time to get everything done and that's why we as humans need &...