Wednesday, April 7, 2021

A CHURCH THAT RARELY CLOSES


Tucked away in the quaint town of Harbor Springs, the white church across from the lake beckons those who want to come inside and pray. I vividly remember my first encounter with "Holy Childhood of Jesus" church seven years ago. It was a glorious summer day and I had just gone swimming at the public beach when I noticed the church. I went inside to say a prayer and I instantly felt at home. I later found out that the church doors stay open seven days a week from 7:00 am until 10:00 pm. Fifty years ago it was common for a church to stay open most of the day but not so much these days especially during a pandemic. Harbor Springs however is an idyllic town that rarely has any                 crime. It's a very safe place and they also happen to have the best
cookie shop in America here too, (Tom's Mom's Cookies).

Today I found myself back in Harbor Springs with a friend who has visited the church before. I insisted that we go inside "Holy Childhood of Jesus" church and that's exactly what we did. It was so peaceful inside, we had the whole church to ourselves, we prayed, lit a few candles, and sat inside the church for several minutes while we counted our blessings. Easter Sunday just passed and the church was still filled with lilies. It was hard to leave but we promised to return again in the near future and cherish the moments of visiting a church that rarely closes.

When you want a quiet place to prayer, an open church is truly a blessing. Ironically my car was having some trouble before my friend and I entered the church but shortly after we left, we got into the car and the check engine light stopped flashing. We returned home safe and sound.

                              Tom's Mom Cookies in Harbor Springs (Simply the best)

HAPPY EASTER AND MANY JOYFUL MOMENTS TO YOU!




No comments:

Post a Comment

MOMENTS OF BLISS DIVINE!

  Responsibilities keep piling up, so much to do and sometimes not enough time to get everything done and that's why we as humans need &...