Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Accident Moments

JUNE is passing by so quickly, it's like a whirlwind. The month of JUNE started out on such a positive note, I found out I could keep my affordable insurance, the weather was glorious, the days were long, and I was looking forward to my trip to MAINE for my birthday. I arrived by train to Albany, New York on the 10th of June to meet my friend who picked me up at the station. Together we drove to the Berkshire Mountains of Massachusetts to spend the night and the next day it was off to Maine. On my birthday, June 12th I was so happy to wake up in Wells, Maine near Ogunquit and enjoy the Atlantic Ocean beaches and part of the day in York, Maine with all its attractions. After a delightful lunch at the Maine Diner it was off to gorgeous Camden, Maine. The drive over there was nerve wrecking. My friend was going so fast on the interstate that I started to feel dizzy. We got off at one of the exits past Portland and took the one lane highway 1 all the way to Linconville, Maine where we had a room booked. Thankfully we didn't pay for our lodging because when we arrived at the mysterious inn/hotel we felt that it was haunted. The place was empty, the rooms looked like they were vacant for months, and the whole lobby was decorated with old eccentric Christmas decorations. The woman who ran the place gave us the chills and we abruptly left the place, thanking her for showing us around. 

We got on our phones and started looking for a place to stay and miraculously we found a charming motel right outside Camden, Maine. If only I had enjoyed myself after checking in and not been persuaded by my friend to go into Camden to get some pizza. We did get tasty pizza at "Camden House of Pizza." The owner even brought me a piece of tiramisu with a candle, and sang "happy birthday" to me while staff and customers joined in. It was all so heartwarming. Then suddenly everything changed. I told my friend I'd meet him at the car. Ten minutes later we met at the car. He had the pizza and we each ate a slice. Then we got into the car and my friend made a sharp right turn thinking the road was on his immediate right side and instead we went over a curb and the car landed with a big thump on part of the sidewalk. It all happened so suddenly and it really shook us up.

We drove back to our motel and I asked the owner if there was a hospital nearby in case I needed to go to the emergency room. I had some pain on my head most of the night and to top it off my friend was very angry at me for going to the front desk to talk to the owner about going to the hospital. I felt so lonely and confused that night, what an end to a birthday. I never did go the hospital and remained in Maine a few more days before heading back home to Michigan. After returning home I again had a few minor accidents, I pinched my elbow in one of my sliding doors and got a gash on my arm and shortly after that I was walking along the water and tripped on a tree branch. The following day I went to urgent care to have my head examined and the doctor felt encouraged that my head injury wasn't serious although he did say "to remain cautious and if the pain in my head persisted to have a brain scan."

So my birthday month of JUNE has had some roller coaster bumps and I've accepted that accidents do happen. Have any of you found yourself with accident moments? Some people have serious accidents and it's very scary. We never know from moment to moment what can suddenly happen to us. So live each moment not taking things for granted and being thankful for important things like health, food, shelter, and having family and friends. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

MOMENTS OF BLISS DIVINE!

  Responsibilities keep piling up, so much to do and sometimes not enough time to get everything done and that's why we as humans need &...