Friday, December 25, 2020

Cherish the Birth of Jesus Christ!

It's so easy to get wrapped up in the hustle and bustle of Christmas, even in a global pandemic, that's why it's important to just be still and cherish the simple things in life.  Today on Christmas Day, I'm grateful that I was able to walk to a nearby church and attend a short service, I'm grateful that I could afford food so that I could make homemade dishes to share with those dear to me, I'm grateful that I spent time in my humble dwelling place staying warm near the fireplace while the weather outdoors was frigid. I'm grateful that I was able to visit my Mother who has advanced Alzheimers, and communicate with her in a heartwarming manner.

Today, the 25th of December we honor the birth of Jesus who was born long ago in Bethlehem The angel who appeared to the shepherd the night of Jesus birth around c. 5 BC, said "I bring you good news that will cause great joy for the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the LORD." Luke 2: 10-11 

How much more beautiful life is when we have faith and hope. With GOD all things are possible. When we celebrate Christmas, we're not only attending church services, gifting presents, singing carols, or sharing a festive meal with friends, and family, we are honoring GOD for coming down to rescue us from darkness and deliver us from a sinful world.

Let's cherish the birth of Jesus Christ and be thankful that the savior of the world is here to guide us and draw us near to him. 

Merry Christmas......Jesus is the Reason for the Season!



LYRICS TO "HARK THE HERALD ANGELS SING"

Hail the heav'n born Prince of Peace, Hail the Son of Righteousness!

Light and life to all he brings, Ris'n with healing in His wings.

Mild he lays his glory by, Born that man no more may die, Born to raise the sons of earth, 

Born to give them second birth.

Hark! the herald angels sing, 

Glory to the new born King!


MERRY CHRISTMAS!


No comments:

Post a Comment

MOMENTS OF BLISS DIVINE!

  Responsibilities keep piling up, so much to do and sometimes not enough time to get everything done and that's why we as humans need &...