Thursday, January 21, 2021

The Italian Market

PIZZA RECIPE

Dough:

1 package active dry yeast
1 teaspoon white sugar
1 cup warm water (110F or 45C)
2 1/2 cups bread flour
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 450 F. In a medium bowl dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.

Stir in flour, salt, and oil. Beat until smooth. Let rest 5 minutes.

Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and pat or roll into a round. Transfer crust to a lightlygreased pizza pan. Allow crust to bake 5 minutes. Than remove the pizza crust from oven, spread the crust with your favorite sauce and desired toppings. Bake pizza for ten to fifteen minutes. Let baked pizza cool for 5 minutes before serving.
___________________________________________________________
This afternoon, I took an alternative bus route home which gave me a 15 minute stopover at the bus station. I couldn't venture far because if I missed this bus, I'd have over an hour wait for another bus.Hungry and wanting something quick to make for dinner, I knew where to go, to an Italian market named Folgarellis, which is right around the corner from the bus station.

Biscotti, handmade truffles, sun ripe olives, pasta, salads, Italian subs, imported cheese, a wine section....so many amazing things under one roof at the Italian market. With less than ten minutes to figure out what to have for dinner, I got inspired when I found some frozen pizza dough in the freezer. "I'll make pizza," I thought to myself. I got some cheese at the deli counter and nothing more. After all I had sauce and veggies at home. 

How quick and easy it was to made a homestyle pizza with just four ingredients; pizza dough, sauce, cheese, and some fresh spinach. The result? A very tasty and satisfying pizza, created by quality ingredients from a local Italian market. A big GRAZIE to Folgarellis, an incredible Italian market that feels like ITALY.

Think Italy when it comes to moments of "good eating" especially when it's PIZZA! 

If you have an Italian market in your city or town, don't delay, head over there and enjoy a taste of ITALY!

                                      FOLGARELLIS in beautiful Traverse City!

                  Even on snowy days, an Italian market radiates with sunshine. Think Italy!










No comments:

Post a Comment

MOMENTS OF BLISS DIVINE!

  Responsibilities keep piling up, so much to do and sometimes not enough time to get everything done and that's why we as humans need &...