Wednesday, January 6, 2021

The Chocolate Basket




Since early December I've been filling my basket with chocolates that I've been given as a gift, or chocolates I've bought during the Christmas season. I can never seem to get enough chocolate. Everyday I tell myself I'll resist eating a piece of chocolate but it's not an easy thing to do, especially when I have stressful moments like I did yesterday. The first thing I did when I came home was grab my basket of chocolates and pick a few to unwrap and eat. Such comfort food but tomorrow I have to visit the dentist, and my dentist is not a big advocate of eating sugary treats. So maybe, just maybe, I'll challenge myself to go without chocolate for a week or two.

Why does CHOCOLATE make us happy?😀 Certain components in chocolate improve the mood and alter brain patterns. Tryptophan, which is an amino acid found in chocolate helps the brain make serotonin, a neurotransmitter that makes us feel happy. Phenylethylalanine is also found in chocolate and this component is a natural acting antidepressent and produces the same feeling one may experience when falling in love. So don't feel guilty if you find yourself with a basket or box of chocolates. LOVE is in the air!

💗💘💖💕💔💝💜💛💚💙💝💕💖💘💗💔💝💔💖💝

If you're craving chocolate go for it and enjoy moments of chocolate bliss! However, everything in moderation, especially if you have a dentist appointment coming up. Wishing you plenty of chocolate filled days!







No comments:

Post a Comment

MOMENTS OF BLISS DIVINE!

  Responsibilities keep piling up, so much to do and sometimes not enough time to get everything done and that's why we as humans need &...