Friday, April 19, 2013

A Day Trip






On Wednesday I boarded the Amtrak train at 6:51 am for a day trip to a college town called Ann Arbor. It was one of the most fun-filled days I've had all year because so many interesting people and things came my way.

I can't believe how much I packed into my 8 hour day; food tastings at Zingerman's Deli, research at the U of M law school library, a visit to two museums, an Indian lunch buffet meal, mingling with shop-keepers, trying on vintage clothing, finding the perfect pair of shoes at a unique shoe shop, brisk walking around the university campus, a cup of tea at a tea shop, attending a lecture, and a half hour of bliss in a  serene book shop. The best part came when I was seeking an answer to a question that was pondering in my mind the entire day. I got my answer at the book shop when I looked through some angel cards and randomly trusted the universe to help me choose the two cards that would give me the answer. What was the answer? Be Bold and Be Strong

Just what I needed to hear because I've been so shy and timid these past few months and I long for a new beginning of adventure. My day in Ann Arbor of interaction with unique people and situations opened my eyes to a bright new world that taught me a lesson: Be Bold, Be Strong, and Take Chances.

The world is full of amazing people that can inspire us to be the best we can at any moment. So my moments of despair are now turing into moments of hope for a bright new future thanks to an inspiring day in Ann Arbor.




No comments:

Post a Comment

MOMENTS OF BLISS DIVINE!

  Responsibilities keep piling up, so much to do and sometimes not enough time to get everything done and that's why we as humans need &...