Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Fish, Frogs, Turtles, and LEE


It was a gloomy early afternoon when I left the fitness club where I teach yoga, nevertheless I was eager to take a brisk walk along the busy commercial street and check out some prospective places to look for a part time job. It began to rain and I got a bit wet so I decided to walk into a tropical fish shop.

The whole place made me feel like I was on a Hawaiian tropical island, hundreds of exotic fish inside tanks in all kinds of shapes and sizes. Suddenly the owner of the shop appeared in his wheelchair. The poor man had no feet but he had a big smile on his face. He had such enthusiasm for his reptiles and pointed out to me where a lot of them came from; Africa, Australia, Mexico, Brazil.....and so on. His name was Lee and although he had a handicap it didn't stop him from having a zest for life. I was so inspired by Lee that I intent to write a little story about him and his shop.

In that short time I spent in the tropical fish shop I got to meet some sweet turtles with adorable faces, and a whole colony of bright green colored candy frogs. I observed those tiny creatures and could tell that they were seeking companionship and friendship with each other just like humans do. Some of them were even paired together and cuddling together. It was such a beautiful sight to behold.

Amazing how a short visit to a tropical fish shop opened my eyes to a marine world run by a man named Lee who despite not being able to walk is able to touch the lives of those who walk into his shop.


                           

No comments:

Post a Comment

MOMENTS OF BLISS DIVINE!

  Responsibilities keep piling up, so much to do and sometimes not enough time to get everything done and that's why we as humans need &...