Wednesday, June 21, 2023

VEGGIE BURGER MOMENT!

Yesterday was a scorcher, shade is what I opted for. Later though a friend asked me to accompany him to his storage unit. Bad mistake, he stopped at McDonald's to get two Big Macs and an Iced Mocha. The service was terrible. Not only did he have to wait at the drive trough but when he got his order it was a mess. His Big Macs were drenched in special sauce and the staff messed up his coffee order, giving him a hot coffee in 90 degree weather when he specially ordered an iced mocha. When we pulled out of the drive thru I was surprised that he didn't complain to the manager but he didn't. Instead his frustrations caused him to drive over the speed limit for several miles causing me a near heart attack. Through a miracle I made it safely home but I was filled with anxiety so I got on my bicycle and heading to a trail.

That trail led me close to my favorite fast food restaurant "CULVER'S." Part of me knew I shouldn't splurge on a veggie burger but as a belated birthday present to myself, I broke down and got the veggie burger. Needless to say, I enjoyed every bite of that veggie burger. I was hoping to only eat half of it but when I sat down at a table to take a few bites, I just couldn't stop. CULVER'S is a Midwest fast food chain headquartered in Wisconsin. Their food isn't really healthy but for fast food it's the best choice. CULVER'S serves everything from grilled chicken sandwiches to salads to fish dinners, butter burgers, and flavorful frozen custards. They have French fries. onion rings, Wisconsin cheese curds, mashed potatoes, cole slaw.....but it's the VEGGIE BURGERS at CULVER'S that please my tastebuds.

If you ever find yourself filled with anxiety a little comfort food won't hurt. Considering that my bicycle ride to CULVER'S was five miles each way, a ten mile round trip bicycle ride when the temperature was now lingering at 80 degrees, I burned plenty of calories.


WHAT COMFORT FOOD DO YOU ENJOY EATING?

WHATEVER IT IS, ENJOY YOUR MINDFUL MOMENTS EATING WHAT BRINGS YOU JOY!


HAPPY SUMMER 2023!


No comments:

Post a Comment

MOMENTS OF BLISS DIVINE!

  Responsibilities keep piling up, so much to do and sometimes not enough time to get everything done and that's why we as humans need &...