Wednesday, February 14, 2024

MOMENTS OF BLISS DIVINE!

 Responsibilities keep piling up, so much to do and sometimes not enough time to get everything done and that's why we as humans need "moments of bliss divine." There's nothing wrong with putting everything on hold and allowing yourself to do nothing or almost nothing. 

Although the new year is still young, (only the second month of 2024) I have dealt with sinus issues that have exhausted me and given me brain fog, than shingles suddenly manifested themselves and a couple weeks later, I had a hard fall on a not so comfortable cement sidewalk.....ouch!!!!

I had enough setbacks so on Sunday I booked a round trip bus ride to one of America's most beautiful places, "Glen Arbor." What an absolute gift to spend the day in nature with the scent of pine trees, the sight of an occasional deer, a crystal clean freshwater lake with crashing waves, and air so fresh that the lungs feel instantly rejuvenated. So peaceful and serene and amidst all the nature are a few remaining shops and restaurants that didn't take a winter hiatus. Everyone I encountered that Sunday was cordial and kind. I felt like I had entered another planet, far from the rat race.


                         Inside "The Mill" a quaint cafe, surrounded by nature!
                             

THE MILL, this was the climax of my one day getaway. A woman name Suzy saw me walking along the road. I had encountered her at a coffee shop when I was inquiring about directions to The Mill. Suzy stopped her car and said "Come inside my car, I know you're heading to The Mill." We chatted during the short drive, I thanked Suzy and I entered the doors of The Mill. What a place, so rustic, yet regal with its large dining space filled with tables, a glowing fireplace, and wide windows radiating light from the outdoors. I found a table near the fireplace and proceeded to the counter around the corner to order something to eat. 

What service! The staff was beyond polite and even offered samples of their legendary sourdough crackers. The woman who waited on me was so accommodating and even offered suggestions on the menu. I ordered a salad with grilled sourdough bread and pouched eggs and was told that my meal would be delivered to my table. I was given a number to take to my table. I went back to my table and began writing my short story in my notebook, observing all the people around me enjoying their time. A few minutes later, I sat on the couch next to the fireplace and chatted with some guys from Romania. Soon after, a server brought my plate of food to my table. It was bountiful and tasty. I was even given a jug of pure spring water to drink.

Two hours later, feeling warm and happy, I left The Mill and walked one mile to The Homestead Resort where I was to meet my bus driver. I made it just in time. What a blissful day I had full of warmth and kindness, and the weather for early February felt like Spring, not Winter. 

Feeling stressed? Feeling overwhelmed? Allow yourself a getaway to melt away your worries and have some fun. The perfect balance in life is work and play. Wishing you all moments of "bliss divine."




No comments:

Post a Comment

MOMENTS OF BLISS DIVINE!

  Responsibilities keep piling up, so much to do and sometimes not enough time to get everything done and that's why we as humans need &...