Sunday, October 15, 2023

Unexpected Moments! (A Pizza Afternoon)

SATURDAY AFTERNOON, OCTOBER 15, 2023

Isn't it heart-warming when something is given to you unexpectedly? Such was the case for me yesterday when I took a seven mile drive to a nearby town called Elk Rapids. It felt good to walk around town, spend time at the library, local shops, and public beach. I was ready to head home but my boyfriend suggested that I bring back a pizza. 

Elk Rapids has a few places for pizza but on this day I decided to try a place I'd never been to before. It was a cozy family style cafe with the word "pizza" displayed on the window. I stepped inside, walked over to the counter, and asked the employee at the counter if I could order a pizza. "You can have this pizza for free," said the female employee as she pointed to a full service pizza warmer filled with a variety of different pizza slices.

I couldn't believe my ears. Did she really say free pizza? Moments later, the sweet young employee put several slices of pizza into a large pizza box and handed it to me. I was really grateful for the box of free pizza slices and thanked the employee for her kindness while putting a few dollars into the tip jar.

Before heading home, I sat on a bench near the water and ate two slices of pizza, thinking to myself how wonderful that there are still people and places on the earth where kindness is extended to a stranger. Later when I arrived back home with pizza for my boyfriend, he indulged in the pizza slices as I confessed to him that he was eating pizza that I received for free.

A Saturday Afternoon Eating Tasty Free Pizza Slices, now that's what I call unexpected moments of bliss.

PIZZA DAYS ARE SO MUCH FUN!










No comments:

Post a Comment

MOMENTS OF BLISS DIVINE!

  Responsibilities keep piling up, so much to do and sometimes not enough time to get everything done and that's why we as humans need &...