Sunday, December 13, 2020

Revisiting THANKSGIVING!

THANKSGIVING, NOVEMBER 26, 2020

THANKSGIVING was over two weeks ago. Preparing for it and celebrating with my loved ones kept me so busy that I never got to my blog, BUT it's never too late. In fact, reflecting on that day is as vivid as  just made stuffing. I was so happy to have Wednesday off so that I could cook some dishes ahead like butternut squash soup, broccoli casserole, sweet potatoes, and pecan pie. My poor Mother who has Alzheimer's can no longer cook which is sad because she was once one of the best cooks on the planet. My mother's caregiver Cecelia invited me to spend the night, so together we cooked up a few others dishes to serve for our festive meal.


On Thanksgiving Day, I spent the day at my mother's condo with Cecelia, my brother, and our pets Mila, the dog, and Sari the cat. It was all so simple and sweet. The greatest gift of course was having my Mother to share the holiday with. All of us enjoyed the bountiful delicious meal. My brother contributed the turkey and stuffing, and everything else was prepared by Cecelia and myself. We all ate seconds including the cat and dog. With my mother's Alzheimer's advancing, I cherish each day I have with her because it's truly a gift. I'm forever thankful for the precious moments of being with those I love especially on special holidays like Thanksgiving!  I hope all of you have some fond memories of Thanksgiving, and despite the coronovirus pandemic, I hope you have a blessed Christmas season.











No comments:

Post a Comment

MOMENTS OF BLISS DIVINE!

  Responsibilities keep piling up, so much to do and sometimes not enough time to get everything done and that's why we as humans need &...