Tuesday, September 28, 2021

No Phone (Days, Not Moments)



Are you dependent on your phone? Is a day without it a terrible inconvenience? Most people rely on their phones for just about everything from video conferencing to texting to learning languages, to watching movies, talking to colleagues, family, and friends, and so much more. It's amazing just how much we rely on our phones, but imagine a day, a week, or even a month without your android or I-Phone!

I've never had any problems with a mobile phone before until I got my Google Pixel 4a last year. I got it for a good price at Best Buy and I liked it immediately but literally the day after I bought it, the phone fell down. Fortunately, it didn't get damaged that time but one year later, I just kept dropping it. First there were cracks, than more cracks, and last week I was facing anxiety and as I rushed around during my lunch break at work, somehow my phone fell down again and that was it. All of a sudden the screen started turning green and then the entire phone shut down. This was the end, my phone had enough and it just basically died.

It's almost a week now since this happened and I'm still without a phone. I thought it would be torture to be without a phone but to my surprise I'm more relaxed without the phone. As much as we love our Androids or I-Phones they can sometimes be a distraction because we revolve so much of our life around them. Just look around and you'll see how many people have their noses in their phones whether they're playing a video game, watching a movie, or texting their friend. 

I've ordered a new phone, it will take several days before it's delivered, yes AMAZON is backed up with orders since the pandemic. Somehow being without a phone has helped me pay more attention to what's around me rather than constantly looking at my phone. So...sometimes being away from something like a phone for days, not moments can be challenging but to every advantage there's a disadvantage and to every disadvantage there's an advantage.

People have been so kind in letting me use their phone for urgent calls and thankfully at work I can use the office phone. I hope none of you break or lose a phone and if you do just remember sometimes being away from a piece of technology for a short time might not be as bad as it seems.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

MOMENTS OF BLISS DIVINE!

  Responsibilities keep piling up, so much to do and sometimes not enough time to get everything done and that's why we as humans need &...