Saturday, July 27, 2013

The Baseball Game


Although my day started off a bit gloomy it all changed when I stumbled across a kids baseball game in a country setting. It must have been fate that led me to that game because I was longing to have a fun-filled summer day and I got my wish when I arrived at that baseball field.

Families and friends were sitting in lounge chairs and in bleachers watching the exciting baseball game, music was playing in the background, hot dogs were grilling at the concession stand and some kids were handing out free cups of fresh squeezed lemonade. Off in the distance were maple trees surrounding a pretty swimming hole and the sounds of barking dogs.

I sat in the bleachers and watched the baseball game which brought memories of a carefree summer I once had in beautiful Stowe, Vermont. Within the next several moments there were so many things that reminded me of that special summer I had long ago. I felt like a kid again and realized that sometimes it's ok to take a few moments to act and feel like a kid.



No comments:

Post a Comment

MOMENTS OF BLISS DIVINE!

  Responsibilities keep piling up, so much to do and sometimes not enough time to get everything done and that's why we as humans need &...