Sunday, December 5, 2021

Mac & Cheese Moments

FOOD is COMFORTING, no doubt about it. It certainly comes in handy when one has had a frustrating day. I'm trying to be healthy this month and have given up certain foods such as meat and sweets. Next up is dairy which is difficult because I love pizza, pierogis, and MAC & CHEESE. Trying to go VEGAN soon but I need some comfort food, especially during cold and dark days.

Yesterday was such a frustrating day at work that I didn't even take a break. It was just one disaster after another. I was late, I couldn't complete my tasks because of issues, I fell off my office chair and then another chair fell on top of me. Too top it off my shower head is broken and  after work my friend couldn't help me repair it because neither one of us had a wrench.What saved me from punching a wall? A bowl of Mac and Cheese. I boiled the macaroni and after it was cooked, I added butter, cheese, and some milk to the pot. The Mac and Cheese turned out so creamy and delicious. I just couldn't stop eating it. My gosh that must have been 100 grams of carbs I ate, BUT oh was it ever comforting. I guess we all turn to something to comfort us when we're feeling down....chocolate, a comedy show, a good movie, cigarettes, a glass of wine. What do you enjoy when you want to reward yourself with something comforting?

In moments of anxiety and stress, it's good to know that there's a little something to warm our hearts and bring a smile to our face. I'm grateful for that pot of MAC & CHEESE!



No comments:

Post a Comment

MOMENTS OF BLISS DIVINE!

  Responsibilities keep piling up, so much to do and sometimes not enough time to get everything done and that's why we as humans need &...