Thursday, December 9, 2021

The World Needs more people like LINDA.

What a difference it makes when we cross paths with a kind and giving soul. Despite trying to be friendly to most people I encounter, not everyone wants to be friendly in return. That's okay, we all have our issues and perhaps there are those of us that are better off by ourselves. The world however certainly seems brighter when someone is friendly and warm. Lately I'm been around some pretty grumpy people, it isn't fair for me to judge them but when they frown at me and make me feel uneasy I feel that it's okay to have some self-pity and ask myself, "Why are they picking on me?" 

Today I encountered two people that gave me hope, but the one who really stood out was Linda. It was ladies night in Traverse City, a festive night for ladies to shop at a multitude of stores along Front Street and receive discounts and complimentary drinks and food. The first store I went into was an antique and resale shop that was filled with Christmas items galore. Nobody was there except for me and the owner Linda. A heartwarming Christmas song was playing and there was a display of chocolate candies on the counter for customers. There were so many things in the shop that caught my interest but what I wanted most was just a simple ornament. I was ready to purchase one but Linda insisted on giving me the ornament for free. "Everyday I give a free item to someone and today that someone is you," said Linda. "That's so kind of you but let me come back later. I don't want to drop the ornament while I'm walking on the slippery sidewalks," I replied. I thanked Linda and spent the next two hours exploring shop after shop, and having plenty of fun.

At last after some tasty appetizers, a glass of champagne, two cups of hot cocoa, and some chocolate ganache truffles I returned to Lindas's shop. Just as before, it was calm and serene inside, and once again I was the only customer there. It's as if the shop had been opened just for me. I decided to purchase a Christmas Village Home, the one that caught my eye was a fully lighted bright red schoolhouse. It was on a shelve with other village homes right behind a glorious Christmas tree. Linda got on a ladder and reached for the village home. She only charged me $10.00 and gave me two ornaments that I really liked as a gift. Afterwards Linda showed me some pictures of a bed and breakfast she once owned and told me a little about herself and her interests. I felt like I was visiting with an angel. Linda's personality was so bright and sweet. I felt like I had made a new friend.



Sometimes when we feel defeated and alone, it's truly a miracle when we encounter someone friendly and warm. How blessed I was to spend part of my evening in Lindas store. Her giving spirit made me realize that the world needs more people like LINDA. Here's to LINDA, "an array of abundant blessings shall shine upon you Linda. God Bless You!"

All of us need someone like LINDA to brighten our gloomy moments when we're feeling alone, lost, and afraid. Even if just for a short time, it's a good feeling to meet someone who can give us hope. Remember..... when you feel like nobody's on your side, there is somebody that will appear when you least expect it to encourage you, and lift you up when you're feeling down!

KEEP YOUR FAITH AND BELIEVE THAT GOOD THINGS ARE ALWAYS ON THE VERGE OF HAPPENING!



No comments:

Post a Comment

MOMENTS OF BLISS DIVINE!

  Responsibilities keep piling up, so much to do and sometimes not enough time to get everything done and that's why we as humans need &...