Thursday, December 9, 2021

Sushi in a Hurry


So much of what we do in our lives is based on "choices." Yesterday I wanted to spend the day with my Mother but I had some errands to run, one being getting a new shower head for my shower. Traveling by bus takes double the time so by the time I finally made it to Home Depot and bought the shower head I didn't feel like getting on another bus. I wanted to check out the other shops in the strip mall. So I went to Dollar Tree, Home Goods, and Walmart. Big mistake, all three of the shops were crowded and it made me dizzy and lightheaded. All I ended up buying were some shirts at Walmart and Italian made chocolates and truffle sauce at Home Goods. Time wasted but wow those Italian chocolates tasted magnificent.

With a half hour wait for the bus in the freezing cold my only option to sit down and warm up was to go inside a Japanese steakhouse called "FUJI." The place was almost empty and I decided to take a seat. By the time I went to the bathroom to wash my hands my plate of sushi was already on the table waiting for me to eat. Since I was on a budget, I only got one order of avocado and mango sushi rolls and I ate them in a hurry. How I regret not hurrying with the shopping and instead spending quality time in the soothing "FUJI" restaurant where things were so calm and I could watch the sushi chefs crafting their signature sushi rolls.

Five minutes after eating my sushi I was out the door in the freezing cold waiting and waiting for the bus. There was no time to see my Mother now since there was only one bus left to take me home to the other side of town. Lesson learned; "less is more." If only I had just bought the shower head at Home Depot and not shopped at the other stores. However, things happen for a reason and since my last stop was "FUJI" an authentic Japanese steakhouse, I learned a lesson from the calm Japanese staff. It's common knowledge that most Japanese people  practice a Zen Buddhist philosophy of "less is more" This philosophy promotes a minimalist lifestyle . No need to clutter and get brainwashed into buying, buying, and buying unnecessary things. Fortunately I didn't buy much yesterday because I knew I could go without most of them.



Next time there won't be any "Sushi in a Hurry," at "FUJI." It will be "Sushi with Plenty of Time to Relax." Let's all stop rushing, at least during the busy month of December! Life is precious, so treat it with kindness and serenity. There's no need to constantly hurry.

WISHING YOU "LESS IS MORE" MOMENTS!



No comments:

Post a Comment

MOMENTS OF BLISS DIVINE!

  Responsibilities keep piling up, so much to do and sometimes not enough time to get everything done and that's why we as humans need &...