Friday, March 4, 2022

COMPETITION, is Part of Life!


COMPETITION, it's all around us. There's competition in school, work, sports, relationships, heck even animals compete for food, and a mate. Now more than ever, competition seems even harder with social media and comparisons. It's so hard to stand out and be a shining star. Some people get lots of appreciation and attention, while others are just a tiny dot in this big vast world. No wonder some of get depressed and insecure. But we don't have to let completion control us. We can find contentment in being happy with the small things, like being satisfied that at least we tried our best. Success comes in all shapes and sizes. One doesn't have to be a famous politician, movie star, or sports figure to feel important. All of us are part of the big puzzle that keep the world ticking.

If you're feeling defeated, just know that there's always an opportunity out there. Sooner or later, you'll have that chance to be a bright shining star in the vast sky. Recently I have been overwhelmed by social comparison by thinking to myself, "I wish I was beautiful like her", "I wish I could be as intelligent as him or her,"Oh, if only I could have an exciting life and romance like this couple does." However the more I talk to people who I believe have a charmed life the more I learn that all humans no matter how successful they are in the world's eyes, face hurt, pain, rejection, and insecurities sooner or later. They key to contentment is not to be in COMPETITION or to SOCiALLY COMPARE yourself to others but to find happiness in the gifts you have and to use them to the fullest. In the Bible, there's a scripture in Matthew 25 about the "Parable of Talents." Yes, life will bring plenty of disappointments and rejections but there are also triumphs.

"GERALD"

 In the fall of 2020, I was promoted to the position of supervisor where I work. The current manager was constantly missing work and so I filled in for her many times, with no extra pay or bonuses. I went beyond my call of duty and received very little recognition. My company management hardly noticed my devotion but the store director where I was working out of noticed me. I wasn't even employed by his company but he took notice of all I did in his store and thanked me for it. Those words of encouragement meant the world to me but I was still hurt that the company I work for simply didn't care. Thank goodness it's an employees market out there because I would love to work elsewhere at this point.

Last year "GERALD" was hired as a sales advisor at my company. Gerald soon became the shining star. He was given an award for "Employee of the Month,"got promoted two days ago to a lead position, and has received all kinds of recognition cards on the office door praising him for all his awesome work. Gerald is so perfect that I feel it's mu duty to step down from my position and let him take over. After all I've done for the company I'm no longer needed because a new event manager was hired to take over the office and she loves Gerald and is constantly putting him on a pedestal. Does he deserve it? Yes, because he's always kind and helpful, and knows how to impress the manager. I'm happy for Gerald, I really am. I even told him that he'd be better as a supervisor than I am.

So you see it doesn't matter if you're an accountant, doctor, lawyer, or movie star, COMPETITION is everywhere. To keep on going we have to be happy for others and find contentment within ourselves to plant ourselves where we feel needed, happy, and wanted!


I HOPE ALL PEOPLE  FIND CONTENTMENT AND HAPPINESS IN THEIR LIVES DESPITE COMPETITION AND OBSTACLES!


No comments:

Post a Comment

MOMENTS OF BLISS DIVINE!

  Responsibilities keep piling up, so much to do and sometimes not enough time to get everything done and that's why we as humans need &...