Thursday, March 17, 2022

Left Over Food, Moments!


On Monday, late afternoon my friend and I got two large cheesy bread orders from a local pizzeria. I remember going up to the counter to pay for my order and thinking, "Wow, $25.00 for this meal seems like a lot of money." Today is Thursday and I've changed my mind. I was able to have 5 meals from those two large cheesy breads. My friend had two meals out of them and I had three. Four sauces were included with our cheesy bread too. The reason I feel fortunate today is because I had a long day at work and when I got home I was hungry. I remember putting some of the cheesy bread that lacked cheese on it in a storage bag and wanting to feed the birds but instead I warmed up a pan with olive oil and grilled the leftover bread. I sprinkled some cheese on top and dipped the bread in marinara sauce and thoroughly enjoyed every bite of my meal.

Sometimes we fret about mistakes we think we've made but now I have no regrets because that $25.00 meal on Monday ended up costing only $5.00 per meal since it turned into five meals. Food has gotten so expensive lately that food budgeting is becoming my new trend. Oh yes we all love to splurge on comfort drinks and food, that's what makes life enjoyable but it's also wise to be mindful and cut some corners here and there so that you can really enjoy those indulgent moments you deserve.

Yesterday I bought a ready made large vegetarian burrito at the natural foods store for $8.99. I was able to have three meals out of that. Hooray!!!!

What leftover foods do you enjoy?


                               This is what became of my leftover Cheesy Bread! Pretty Tasty!


No comments:

Post a Comment

MOMENTS OF BLISS DIVINE!

  Responsibilities keep piling up, so much to do and sometimes not enough time to get everything done and that's why we as humans need &...