Sunday, March 6, 2022

Icy Moments


When we think of WINTER, we think of cold dark days and snow but there's another thing that WINTER comes with and that's ICE. There are wonderful things associated with the word ice; ice coffee, ice cubes, ice cream, ice fishing, and ice skating. However when ice accumulates and freezes up walking paths, parking lots, trails, sidewalks, and streets, that's another matter.

Although "WINTER" is coming to a close, these past couple months in northern Michigan have been icy, icy, icy. So icy that many Michiganders have found themselves falling on ice. Let me tell you falling on ice is not only embarrassing but it's painful too. Some folks even end up in the hospital with broken bones concussions, and terrible cuts and bruises. I too fell on ice. A week ago this past Friday, I was heading to a stream to look at the ducks and boom, I slipped and fell on my back, buttocks, neck, and head....one after another, boom, boom, boom. Thankfully I got up without any broken bones but the next day my back and neck hurt, as did my head. There's still soreness on my body, and my head hurts on and off again so now I'm petrified to walk on or around ice. (Ski poles are now my support system). My two friends who are nurses described symptoms to look for before heading to an emergency room or urgent care, after falling on ice. So far, I've avoided "Urgent Care."

If you live someplace where there's harsh winter and ice galore, be careful. In just moments a simple walk outdoors can turn into catastrophe when that slippery ice makes us lose balance and fall. Always carry your phone with you when you're walking outdoors in the winter. It's always best to be cautious and safe because if you fall and get hurt, your phone is available to make a call for help!

If you live where it's still winter, HAPPY WINTER! Enjoy the beautiful moments that winter does bring like cross country and down hill skiing, ice skating, sledding, snowshoeing, snowboarding, sitting near the fireplace with a cup of hot cocoa, or eating comfort food like homemade chili.

May your moments be blessed with all good things!


No comments:

Post a Comment

MOMENTS OF BLISS DIVINE!

  Responsibilities keep piling up, so much to do and sometimes not enough time to get everything done and that's why we as humans need &...