Monday, June 22, 2020

Pizza, Seagulls, and Me

Upon returning from beautiful Empire which is part of the "Sleeping Dunes National Lakeshore," I was hungry. A peanut butter and jam sandwich and a small brownie were filing at the beginning of the day but not at 4:45 pm when the sun was burning on my skin and there was still another 9 miles of bicycling ahead of me. I didn't want to spend a lot of money on eating so I settled for a $5.00 small cheese pizza. that was hot and ready. When I opened the box I knew I couldn't eat all that pizza. There was enough pizza there for three people to enjoy. I found a place to sit outdoors and ate a few slices of pizza. What was I to do with the leftovers? I had no place to put the slices of pizza and the pizza box was too big to carry on a bicycle.

I had an idea. I could feed the seagulls that were flying up above me.  I grabbed a pizza slice and lifted it over my head to show the seagulls that I had food for them. I cut the pizza slices into small pieces and placed them on a ledge for the seagulls to reach. Within seconds one seagull appeared, than another, and another. Soon there were about ten seagulls eagerly waiting their turn for a taste of the pizza. I was thrilled, my pizza didn't go to waste. It went into the stomachs of adorable hungry seagulls who deserved to be fed.

NO ACT OF KINDNESS, GOES UNRECOGNIZED, THANK GOODNESS FOR SEAGULLS!










No comments:

Post a Comment

MOMENTS OF BLISS DIVINE!

  Responsibilities keep piling up, so much to do and sometimes not enough time to get everything done and that's why we as humans need &...