Monday, June 20, 2022

BIRTHDAY MOMENTS OF BLISS!

They only come once a year, BIRTHDAYS!  Some people celebrate their birthdays, others not so much. I personally think everyone should celebrate their day of birth, because they've lived yet another year on the earth and that's a gift especially in times like these; inflation, pandemics, mass shootings, wars!! It's all mentally draining, heck just going to work day after day can be stressful. 

Yesterday I talked to an acquaintance of mine and told her that every year I do something fun for my birthday. Her reply was, "That's the best thing ever. You know my Grandmother acts and looks twenty years younger than she is. In fact I asked her once what keeps her so enthusiastic, happy and youthful and she told me that she celebrates her BIRTHDAY three months before and three months after her actual birthday. She believes in precious moments and having just plain fun, and it makes her life so much brighter." Since I just had my birthday it made me happy that I did something fun. I took an overnight trip with my friend to Grand Haven and Holland. I got to  eat Indian food, indulge in Ice Cream, swim in a pool, walk on A sandy beach, visit a State Park, and spend two amazing hours at "Windmill Island Gardens" a Dutch themed park that feels like the Netherlands, Europe. The windmill is from the Netherlands and all the buildings are replicas of Dutch villages throughout the Netherlands. I had the whole "Windmill Island Gardens" to myself even the employees told me it's rare for things to be so quiet. That in itself was a birthday present to enjoy a beautiful place with plenty of open space. I even got to ride the CAROUSEL my favorite ride in the whole world. This exquisite CAROUSEL was made over 100 years ago in a Dutch Village in the Netherlands and shipped to Holland, Michigan's "Windmill Island Gardens." 


My time spent at "Windmill Island Gardens" was so priceless and I was able to buy some souvenirs from the gift shop like wooden colorful tulips, cheese and crackers, and chocolates all made in the Netherlands! Yes, life has enough responsibilities so why not reward yourself once a year with a BIRTHDAY PRESENT?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ALL THE JUNE BABIES! 😍




No comments:

Post a Comment

MOMENTS OF BLISS DIVINE!

  Responsibilities keep piling up, so much to do and sometimes not enough time to get everything done and that's why we as humans need &...