Thursday, June 16, 2022

Shoe Moments!


Most of us have to wear shoes, unless we're at home or perhaps hanging out on a sandy beach or doing yoga. Did you every have a malfunction with a shoe or shoes? I did today. Out the door by 6:30 am I put on the wrong pair of shoes, sandals that I bought at Costco last summer. By the time I got to the bus stop I knew something would go wrong with those sandals. Sure enough after a meeting in the morning I took a walk to the supermarket and while at the supermarket my entire back of the sandal tore off and tumbled onto the floor. Just the straps of the sandal kept my foot stable but the entire bottom was torn off and all I had was a bit of cloth. I still had errands to run and I knew I couldn't spend my day limping with a destroyed sandal. Fortunately I was able to get a bus into town and I headed straight to a resale shop called "The Roost Consignment Boutique." I told the saleslady what happened and she walked me over to a shoe rack and informed me that more shoes were scattered throughout the store. A woman named Cindy, who was shopping overheard our conversation and wanted to be of help.

I frantically looked for shoes in size 8 not having much success until Cindy pointed me to some shoes on a ledge near the window. "Try this black pair on, they'll be a good match with most clothes," said Cindy. Well....Cindy was right, those shoes fit perfectly and they were adorable. They had a strap on them and were really comfortable. I could wear them with a dress, a skirt, slacks, jeans, shorts.....I put them on and was ready to go the register to pay for them but Cindy and I couldn't stop talking, we clicked immediately and realized we had quite a bit in common. When we finished talking and wished each other the best in life, I paid for my new pair of used shoes. The price? $20.00

Now I was back to normal, I could walk, walk, and walk. Although it was hot today, I did plenty of walking reaching 24,000 steps on my "Step Tracker"app. Those shoes at "The Roost Consignment Boutique" were a real blessing and I really scored with those shoes. Not only do the shoes look attractive but they're super comfortable too. Sometimes a setback does appear, and we have to do the best we can to resolve it. Always be certain your shoes are in walkable condition. "Shoe Moments" are important.


No comments:

Post a Comment

MOMENTS OF BLISS DIVINE!

  Responsibilities keep piling up, so much to do and sometimes not enough time to get everything done and that's why we as humans need &...