Sunday, August 11, 2013

An Idyllic Getaway

Summer just isn't summer without hanging out at the lake. I miss the days when I worked in Kitzbuhel, Austria and had a gorgeous lake to swim in close to where I lived.

I was delighted to discover a lake in Michigan where I'm currently living called "Silver Lake."
The moment I arrived I felt as if I was inside a fairy tail. The lake was surrounded by bluffs and cozy picnic spots. There was a concession stand with lots of fun snacks to eat as well as sandy volleyball courts and hiking paths. The lake had boat rentals and a small fishing pier but it was the lake itself that was the grand prize. I felt like a mermaid swimming in the lake hour after hour until the sun began to set and I knew I had to get out.

My little idyllic getaway rewarded me with so many happy moments; petting dogs, playing croquet with kids, eating watermelon and reading a book under the trees. If only everyday could have been this sweet.

When time permits reward yourself with an idyllic getaway on a warm summer day. Your troubles will melt away and you'll feel so relaxed. Everyone deserves an idyllic getaway that provides moments of sunny smiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

MOMENTS OF BLISS DIVINE!

  Responsibilities keep piling up, so much to do and sometimes not enough time to get everything done and that's why we as humans need &...