Wednesday, August 28, 2013

The Perfect Summer Place






                                                     Schroon Lake, New York 
                                                       




Last week I arrived at the perfect summer place called Schroon Lake. It's in the Adirondack Mountains of upstate New York. Whatever worries I brought with me quickly disappeared. My friend and I rented a cabin on the lake and every chance I had I swam and swam like a fish. We watched the sunsets in the evening and enjoyed talking to other guests at the bonfire. We had a delightful picnic with foods purchased at the local supermarket and enjoyed visiting some of the shops on the idyllic Main Street. There's something very magical about Schroon Lake that makes you want to stay as long as you can. The tasty ice cream cones at the Stewarts shop, the refreshing lake for swimming, the hiking trails, the outdoor concerts, the old fashioned Main Street, the friendly folks and just walking around the whole area with no need for a car.

Every now and than people stumble across a place that melts away their problems for a short time and such was the case with my few days in beautiful Schroon Lake. The moment I'll remember the most was when the pastor at the local church gave a sermon about "Hope." He explained that every human being faces suffering at one point in their life. He went on to say that "Suffering gives us endurance and strength to keep moving on and with that strength and endurance we seek hope and it's hope that keeps us going."

I've been left with some beautiful summer moments thanks to a few days spent in a classic little town called Schroon Lake that resembles a Norman Rockwell painting.  I hope that everyone gets a chance to spend a few days in a special place like Schroon Lake.







No comments:

Post a Comment

MOMENTS OF BLISS DIVINE!

  Responsibilities keep piling up, so much to do and sometimes not enough time to get everything done and that's why we as humans need &...