Tuesday, November 11, 2014

The Church

 
It was a cold and windy Friday afternoon in the town of Frankfurt. The white church with it's steeple was beckoning to me and I was delighted to find the church doors open so that I could pray. It was warm inside the church and so very quiet. I played the piano for a few minutes, said some prayers and read a scripture from the large Bible resting on the pulpit.

Afterwards I wandered downstairs where I found a dining area and kitchen. There was also a little library with several spiritual books written about faith and hope. It was nice to sit down and read some of the spiritual books. Before heading back upstairs I noticed a huge basket of chocolates. There were hundreds of pieces of gold and silver wrapped chocolates inside that basket with a scripture that read:

May the GOD of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing; so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.


Stumbling across that idyllic church in a town I had never been to before was truly a blessing. I had been feeling so cold and lonely but GOD changed all that by letting me enter his church and finding love and peace during moments that I really needed that feeling of "faith."

In moments of doubt how wonderful it is to find "the church" doors open.





2 comments:

  1. I must say that you have a very good article.Continue to inspire your reader and have a good day! You can also visit my site indicated below and share it with your friends.

    nadine

    www.triciajoy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your blog.I thought it was great.. Hope you have a great day. God bless.

    Rica
    www.imarksweb.org

    ReplyDelete