Saturday, July 31, 2021

July, the Busiest Summer Month is Over!


JULY, most Americans love the month of July. It's the month to celebrate Independence Day (4th of July), a time for fireworks, family vacations and picnics at the beach. July, the month when days are long and days carefree. July, when kids are off from school and everything gets crowded from the amusement parks to the restaurants. For some people JULY is extraordinary. There are those that have summer homes on lakes, oceans, or in the mountains. There are those that own yachts and sail the waters. Some people just have a jolly good time in JULY. 

How was your July? Did you do anything exciting and fun? As I reflect on summer being half way over, I must admit I'm envious of the people that get to have a thrilling summer full of adventures and good times. I so much wanted to spend my summer away from home, someplace different where it wasn't same old, same old. As we get older, the responsibilities pile up and taking off for several months to work in another country or state or to take a long vacation isn't as simple as it once was. I'm so glad that in the past I was able to spend my summers in different places like Austria, Canada, Maine, Montana, Norway, and Vermont. Nothing ventured, nothing gained has always been my motto so off I go on a train to someplace where I can start a new beginning and leave behind the comfort zone.

Good Bye July! I won't miss all the stresses at work and a few minor body injuries I had during this month but I will miss the long warm days and all the adventures of biking, kayaking, paddle boarding, hiking, swinging in a hammock, swimming, and eating ice cream and watermelon. 

So long JULY!



No comments:

Post a Comment

MOMENTS OF BLISS DIVINE!

  Responsibilities keep piling up, so much to do and sometimes not enough time to get everything done and that's why we as humans need &...