Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Childhood Memories of "CBS MYSTERY THEATER"

Once upon a time there was no internet, mobile phones, or a wide selection of television channels, but there was one thing that kept me entertained, the "CBS RADIO MYSTERY THEATER" radio program.

My father and mother were huge fans of this mystery nightly radio program. As an aspiring actress I too was smitten by all the mysterious stories with three acts performed by extremely talented actresses and actors. Even famous people appeared in episodes of this popular radio show.

I was delighted to find out that many of these old shows are now appearing on "YOU TUBE' and most of them sound state of the art as if they were just recorded. Early this morning I was just too tiered to get out of bed and listened to a fantastic episode of "CBS RADIO MYSTERY THEATER" about a mysterious pearl necklace. The story took place in Hawaii and it was performed like a 1940's film noir. So full of suspense, and so entertaining.

These days we can watch and listen to programs on our smart phones, which is what I constantly do. How cool to relive my childhood with moments of sweet memories of my family and I listening to these awesome radio programs. It's interesting how our past can meet our present moments. Try taking a trip down memory lane, it just might bring a smile to your face.


No comments:

Post a Comment

MOMENTS OF BLISS DIVINE!

  Responsibilities keep piling up, so much to do and sometimes not enough time to get everything done and that's why we as humans need &...