Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Strawberry Picking in June (Strawberry Moments)

 

The end of June is approaching and so is strawberry season in northern Michigan. This past week has been an extraordinary time to pick strawberries because they're at their best, so juicy and sweet. I'm glad I went strawberry picking with my male companion after work. Even though we got caught in the rain, it only took us an hour to pick 16 pounds of delicious ripened strawberries at Urka Farms. Afterwards I made some strawberry shortcake and we really enjoyed this sweet summer treat.What am I going to do with all the strawberries? Give some away to family and friends and I'll also be making strawberry jam. strawberry pie, and strawberry & banana smoothies. Strawberries are such a delicious and healthy fruit. Strawberries are an excellent source of vitamin C and manganese, and folate (vitamin B 9). Strawberries also have a powerful antioxidant content. 

Strawberry Moments in June!







No comments:

Post a Comment

MOMENTS OF BLISS DIVINE!

  Responsibilities keep piling up, so much to do and sometimes not enough time to get everything done and that's why we as humans need &...